Friday, January 6, 2012

Hot Chocolate Bar!

I love (LOVE) the idea of a hot chocolate bar. And with pictures like the following, who could blame me?















I'm looking at the following for toppings:




  • whipped cream


  • sprinkles


  • marshmallows


  • pirouette cookies


  • crushed peppermint candies


  • peppermint, caramel, vanilla, and raspberry syrup


  • shakers of cinnamon and chili pepper


  • some way to incorporate maple (ideas? Leave a comment!)


That would mean I would need two BIG bowls (whipped cream, marshmallows) with ladles, two smaller bowls (sprinkles, crushed peppermint), shakers for the cinnamon and chili pepper, and a jar for the cookies.



Now to figure out the logistics of mugs and hot chocolate urns ... I am worried about finding a way to serve 100 people's worth of hot chocolate without it separating or getting cold. Or spilling any on my dress (yes, I'm that girl).

Comments? Questions? Leave a comment!

1 comment:

  1. Why not just have the hot water in one of those huge heaters (the kind that plugs in and keeps it warm) with powder packets/bowl next to it? When I go to conferences, I just empty in the chocolate packet and pour hot liquid (usually coffee, haha) over it. Boom, good to go. You might be able to find cute cups of some kind at a party store? Or go to thrift/antique stores for mugs? Oo, or bring your own mug! Haha, but that could get complicated. Or, you could utilize the huge mason jar craze and use those.

    ReplyDelete